When you get in your car and your glasses fog up from how HOT it is, you know it's time to start cranking out some no-bake treats! Who's with me?
Today I've got for you the perfect no-bake treat to kick off your summer. Frozen. Yogurt. Yes, that's right. You can now enjoy this popular delicacy without having to leave your own home. Isn't that just music to your ears? Well, it gets better.
You only need five ingredients! Peaches, yogurt, honey, vanilla, and lemon juice. Any fruit could work actually, but peaches were a part of this month's Mystery Dish ingredient list that I created, so that's what I went with.
Now if you stop at these five ingredients, you have a creamy, fabulous peach frozen yogurt. Which is good. But great is better right? In that case, you would grab five more ingredients and make this crumble. The crumble of your dreams. A cinnamon-spiced pecan graham cracker crumble. I basically ate it with a spoon the entire time I was taking pictures. That. Good.
And it's no-bake too! Just mix together the ingredients, compact them into a thin even layer on a plate or dish, refrigerate for about 30 minutes, then break the layer apart and voila, BEST frozen yogurt topping ever! And unlike going to a frozen yogurt shop, you can add more topping as you eat. If that doesn't sell you, I don't know what will!
Peach Frozen Yogurt with Pecan Graham Cracker CrumbleYield: 4 servings
Ingredients:16 ounces frozen fresh peaches (about 4 cups)
1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
punch of vanilla powder (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract)
For the pecan graham cracker crumble:
1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup finely crushed pecans
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions:Add frozen peaches, yogurt, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla to the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Transfer to a freezer-safe tupperware container and freeze until firm.
Meanwhile, prepare the crumble. In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter until all crumbs are evenly moistened. Press the crumbs evenly onto the bottom of a small baking dish. Refrigerate.
When ready to serve frozen yogurt, remove graham cracker crust from fridge and break it apart with a fork. Sprinkle over frozen yogurt.
Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Mystery Dish gals whipped up this month!
1. Ice Cream Sundae Cookie Bars by I Want Crazy
2. Old Fashioned Corn Pudding by The Weary Chef
3. Raspberry Peach Cobbler with Oatmeal Pecan Crumble by Joyful Healthy Eats
4. Peach Raspberry Galette by Blahnik Baker
5. Pecan Crusted Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce by Yummy Healthy Easy
6. Sweet Corn Soup with Peaches by The Pajama Chef
7. Dutch Peach Pie Bars by I Dig Pinterest
8. Toasted Pecan Pancakes with Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup by Baking A Moment
9. Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Butter Rum Pecan Glaze by The Well Floured Kitchen
10. Peach Pecan Cinnamon Roll Cake by Chez Catey Lou
11. Peach Frozen Yogurt with Pecan Graham Cracker Crumble by Culinary Couture